10 Facts You May Not Know About TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor is the worlds largest travel site, enabling travelers to plan and book the perfect trip. With tips and reviews from millions of travelers that allows consumers to find a Hotel that meets their demand, needs, and budget.
TripAdvisor branded sites make up the largest travel community in the world, reaching 350 unique monthly visitors and 320 million reviews and opinions covering more than 6.2 million accommodations, restaurants, and attractions.
TripAdvisor has more than 46 million user-generated posted photos. Over 200 new contributions are posted every minute.
Users have downloaded the TripAdvisor Mobile app more than 290 million times. The Mobile app offers various helpful options for the educated traveler:
- Near Me Now – Find nearby restaurants, attractions, and hotels on the go. Once a traveler has selected a point of interest, TripAdvisor’s “Point Me There” compass within the Near Me Now feature will guide them to their destination using the phone’s GPS.
- Offline Feature – Allows travelers to download TripAdvisor reviews, photos and city maps before they go and then access this information on their trip when no data connection is available, helping them avoid costly roaming charges.
- Neighborhoods – Allows TripAdvisor users to discover and explore neighborhoods within popular tourist destinations around the world, making it easier to find restaurants, attractions, and accommodations that are perfect for their trip. The feature offers curated content including neighborhood descriptions, photos, and maps, along with traveler reviews and opinions on the top places to eat, play and stay within these sections of the city.
Research has shown that 80% of travelers read at least 6-12 reviews before making their accommodation decision.
TripAdvisor has put in place moderation and fraud detection mechanisms to makes sure reviews are authentic.
Data has also shown that Hotels reputation in Social Media Channels has a direct impact on the Hotels performance.
- 1-percent increase in a Hotels online reputation score leads up to a 0.89-percent increase in price as measured by the Hotels Average Daily Rate (ADR)
- 1-percent increase in reputation leads to demand creation with up to a 0.54-percent increase in occupancy
- 1-percent reputation improvement leads up to a 1.42-percent increase in revenue per available room (RevPAR)
Consumers today emphasize the guest experience and Hotels should focus on collaborating on various reference points that will add value to their booking decision. Collaboration is the glue that will tighten the gap between anticipation and real results.
The Hotel has to focus on building trust, and it needs to be trustworthy. By collaborating with consumers and address concerns this will result in more positive reviews. To achieve this result it is crucial to have a proper Reputation Management system in place.
Understand that you still have to serve, listen, engage, create awareness, build trust and establish a network of advocates for your Hotel. You don’t arrive at the party to sell. Focus on providing a remarkable experience at every reference point.
Educated travelers and their communities use TripAdvisor and New Media to help improve the overall experience. Reviews are often reflections of how the experience match their anticipations.
Building Reputation Management strategies will allow your Hotel to identify anticipations, and then make sure you did your very best to add value in each stage of the consumer experience.
Take advantage of the tools that TripAdvisor provide for your Hotel, start with claim your TripAdivor Listing.
TripAdvisor is celebrating Sweet 16 these days. Here are 10 Facts You May Not Know About TripAdvisor.
Credit: SunSearch Holidays
How important is Reputation Management today for Hotels?
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT AND FACEBOOK ADVERTISING FOR HOTELS
Facebook Native Advertising will help Hotels redefine the customer experience. Take advantage of new innovative strategies that will improve your Hotels ROI.
FREE access to our Hotel Social Media Community – Get more insights and training about Facebook Native Ads for Hotels!
Our Social Media Management team has refined these processes to help Hotels. Contact us today to learn more.
Join our Free Hotel Social Media Community on Facebook for more in-depth insight.
Try something new it will magnetize your Hotel!
Be flexible and identify new ways to make guests happy.
As guest behavior and pattern continues to evolve, expectations will continue to rise. Navigating these changes can be challenging. Learn more about how we can help your Hotel.
SunSearch Holidays is owned and operated by King Travel. We have been successfully organizing travel arrangements for our customers for nearly 20 years. We are agents for all the major travel providers – airlines, hotel providers, tour operators, car rental companies and constantly strive to get you the best deals and the lowest prices on flights, hotels, and holidays.
SunSearch Holidays is a family-owned, Irish business based in the seaside town of Malahide, Dublin with a highly trained staff, ready to help and advise when making your travel reservations. Our highly acclaimed customer service is second to none, which will exceed your expectations.
About the author