Instagram is a fun and quirky way to share your life with friends through a series of pictures. Snap a photo with your mobile phone, then choose a filter to transform the image into a memory to keep around forever. With over 300 Million monthly users, Instagram is exploding in popularity. Like any Social Media channel, there is more to it than just have an Instagram account, and posting cool images. Savvy hotels are experimenting with ways to share content and promote events to boost followers and get users to attend events in person.
Share valuable content where your customers are
- 70% of Instagrammers have already looked for a brand on Instagram. 41% follow or would follow a brand to benefit from special offers (Iconosquare)
- 37% of Instagramers follow between 1 to 5 brand accounts. 32% of Instagramers follow more than 5 brand accounts (Iconosquare)
- Only 18% of brands have an on-site gallery that pulls in user-generated content from Instagram (L2)
- Instagram Communities defy gravity, with no negative correlation between a brand’s follower count and engagement rate (L2)
Top 3 reasons why users follow brands on Instagram (Iconosquare):
- 62% because they love the brand
- 54% to discover new things
- 48% because they find content interesting or funny
Capitalize on effective and creative #instamoments
Hotels can capitalize on these #instamoments implementing these effective strategies;
- Post Frequently – Brands posting over 20 times per week maintain above average engagement
- Test and Learn – Brands posting native content is among the ones flourishing on Instagram
- Leverage Community – Provide creative rewards for your Brand ambassadors
- Capitalize on User Generated Content – Communities, Customers, and guests share aspirational and authentic
I really applaud my friends at bocaresort how they use Instagram to feature #projectsearch. Project Search inspire and motivate young individuals with disabilities to find fulfillment, learn new skills, and getting good jobs. Learn more about Project | SEARCH.
The Road to Revenue
User-generated syndication is more important to Instagram than other Social Media Channels. The revenue stream with Instagram lay in the numbers. One of the most effective strategies for Hotels here is to collaborate with super-users with large follower base. Consumers that interact with User-Generated Content is 9.6% more likely being encouraged for purchase.
Leveraging User-Generated Content by connecting, building a relationship, and reward ambassadors drive lifetime value and loyalty. Unique content and genuine content is key.
My friends at Software Advice spoke to some hotel and social media marketing experts to discover unique ways hotels are using Instagram to publicize content that increases followers. Check out highlights from their best advice.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT AND FACEBOOK ADVERTISING FOR HOTELS
Facebook Native Advertising will help Hotels redefine the customer experience. Take advantage of new innovative strategies that will improve your Hotels ROI.
FREE access to our Hotel Social Media Community – Get more insights and training about Facebook Native Ads for Hotels!
Our Social Media Management team has refined these processes to help Hotels. Contact us today to learn more.
Join our Free Hotel Social Media Community on Facebook for more in-depth insight.
Try something new it will magnetize your Hotel!
Be flexible and identify new ways to make guests happy.
As guest behavior and pattern continues to evolve, expectations will continue to rise. Navigating these changes can be challenging. Learn more about how we can help your Hotel.
About the author