Here are some of the basic principles that Hotels can adapt for their own Social Media Strategy mind map.
A mind map is a diagram used to represent words, images, ideas, tasks, or other items linked to and arranged around a central key word or idea. Mind maps are used to generate, visualize, structure, and classify ideas, and as an aid in study, organization, problem solving, decision making, and writing.
Mind Maps also is handy to tool to remember your daily task.
Here is a simple example on how you can make your To Do list into a Social Media Experience Mind Map.
Your Social Media Strategy To Do List
1. End your day with defining tomorrow’s To Do List
2. Start your new day with checking your To Do List
3. Set up four goals for the day related to your To Do List
a) Write new blog article by 12:00am. Will start at 10:00am to brainstorm ideas.
- Create a spreadsheet idea bank where you write down ideas from the Hotel Idea Wall
- Check Google Reader for ideas
- Check Twitter Search for ideas
b) Check all mentions of my brand and follow up on related articles. Will finish all check points by 1:30pm.
- Check TweetDeck for mentions
- Check related search columns
- Check email for Google alerts for my brand
- Also check related topics
- Check my listening outposts
- Follow up with giving 10 comments on friends blogs
c) Participate in Social Media Networks. Will finish up 4:00pm.
- Join the ongoing Twitter conversation with friends
- Share articles and engage with fans at your Facebook fanpage
- Introduce one new business idea to your partners/friends at LinkedIn, and then invite them to participate on your Hotels Teamplifier collaboration projects.
d) Evaluate your day and make tomorrows To Do list. Will finish by 5:00pm.
- Check your status for the day and hook off all the completed tasks
- Start brainstorm and write tomorrows To Do list
Mind Mapping – Simple but very effective
As you see mind mapping can be very simple and highly effective. The three main things I focus on when I write my daily goals is;
Quality Assurance -in 3 a)
Quality Control – in 3 b) and c)
Quality Evaluation– in 3 d)
This is some simple techniques you can use to create a mind map that will help you create a unique Social Media Experience for your customers.
What techniques are you using to help creating a unique Social Media Strategy for your Hotel?