If you are a hotel manager or business owner, you have a lot on your plate. One thing you may take for granted until something goes wrong is your safety practices. Providing a safe and secure environment for your employees and customers is one of your primary responsibilities. Use these tips from digital transformation coach Are Morch to check up on what you’re doing in your business.
Digital transformation coach Are Morch provides dedicated high-value digital marketing services for the hotel industry. Reach out for more info today => Click here!
Are you Secure?
Depending on your hotel’s location, you may think about your workplace’s physical security frequently or not at all. Because needs can vary widely from property to property, it’s best to seek expertise when evaluating your security apparatus. From first-aid stations to closed-circuit TV cameras, there are a lot of factors to consider when determining whether your current procedures and technology meet the needs of your business, so trust these decisions to experts if you doubt your capacity to make these decisions.
Depending on the size of your hotel, hiring a dedicated security person or department may not be feasible. If that is the case, Open Sourced Workplace notes that there are resources available that offer a good idea of best practices and general tips to implement.
Adopting New Policies
Implementing new policies can help keep your hotel safer, but there may be resistance to sudden changes in procedures. Here are a few safety considerations to think about when developing new rules.
- If the nature of their work allows them to do so, you can let employees like bookkeepers and customer service staff work from home.
- When your employees can’t work remotely, make sure you adopt social distancing policies in your facility.
- Depending on local ordinances, you might need to require that onsite staff members wear face masks. Even if it’s not required, consider developing your policy.
Keeping Your Workplace Clean
Whether you’ve remained open throughout the pandemic or you’re in the process of reopening, you’ll need a solid plan in place for keeping everything clean.
- As important as keeping surfaces clean, purified air is an excellent way to keep allergens and other airborne toxins at bay.
- Only use cleaning products that meet the EPA’s standards for killing coronavirus.
- If an employee tests positive for COVID-19, follow these procedures to clean properly and check whether other employees may have been exposed.
- If you hire an outside cleaning service to sanitize your facility during the pandemic, make sure they comply with OSHA regulations and CDC guidelines.
Tips for Implementing Your Solutions
Businesses are used to making changes to keep up, but adapting to the pandemic has still been a major hurdle. These resources can help reduce stress and lower your financial burden as you implement new policies and procedures.
- There are numerous places to buy disposable face masks to provide to your employees.
- The CDC has a variety of free signs about social distancing, hand hygiene, and other topics that you can print for your workplace.
- Keep in mind that if you’re the owner of a business and are applying for a loan to afford upgrades, lenders will often scrutinize your personal and business finances. This includes checking your debt-to-income ratio, so be sure you’ve paid down as much debt as possible before approaching a lender.
- Whether you’re a small business owner or COVIDpreneur, registering as an LLC can protect you from liability and help you save come tax time.
As a manager or business owner, finding the best way to keep everyone safe while helping your business stay afloat is frustrating, to say the least. Hopefully, these resources can help point you in the right direction as your business continues to deal with this pandemic.
Over to you
The hotel industry is always changing, especially during a time of crisis. Make sure to future-proof your business and continue attracting new guests by investing in these solutions.
Ready to take your hotels digital transformation to a new level?
Hire a digital transformation coach for a new and bright future!
Related article: 5 excellent reasons to adopt Artificial Intelligence in hotels!
We are in this together!
I need to let you all know that we are in on this together. If you need to vent, talk, cry, or just have someone to talk with, I am here listening. Since I am working part-time at the local Kroger, I will best work it out around my schedule to the best of my ability.
Where to reach me
Also, join us at our Facebook Group – Hotel Social Media Community
We will get through this unprecedented event together! #hotelstrong #hospitalitystrong
The hotel industry still is facing some uphill challenges. Make sure you follow their guidelines and say THANK YOU to those that now show a unique spirit to serve, and help us all get through this!! #hotelstrong #hospitalitystrong
About Are Morch
Hi, I am Are Morch. Your Digital Transformation Coach helps hotels create unique and unexpected experiences by freeing up resources to focus on new ideas through value innovation and a growth mindset.
“Disclaimer: This blog is supported by its community. We sometimes earn commissions from relevant affiliate and sponsor links. When you click through these links I might receive commissions from these actions.”