Hotels today need to find new ways to interact with customers that have engaged with them in one way or another.

Data has shown us that customer intent is 90% on point when it comes down to making a reservation with a given hotel.

But still many hotels experience a large percentage of booking abandonment.

Hotels today need a strategic and effective process that helps bring these customers back to their digital marketing funnel.

Effective retargeting is the solution.

Second chances come when you bring a new life to your stories.

Importance of Retargeting to Your Hotel

If you own a hotel, and you are constantly getting traffic to your website, then you need to find a way to keep visitors coming back. One of the ways this can be done is by retargeting.

What is retargeting?

According to statistics from experts, only about 2% of visitors purchase during their first visit to a website. What happens to the other 98%? Retargeting is how we make an effort to get them back. Retargeting is a form of advertising which only targets visitors who have visited and left your hotel website without making a purchase.

Your ads get to follow them as they browse through the web on various platforms. Research has shown that 70% of customers who see retargeted ads are likely to convert, and that retargeting can result in a 147% increase in average conversion rates.

Importance of retargeting

Retargeting can act as a reminder to visitors who visited your website ones without converting. Research has shown that more than 25% of users don’t mind being Retargeting is an excellent way to increase your brand awareness. With retargeting, your ad tends to follow the user around the web. If it is a valuable ad, and every user sees it at least five times per day, that can help increase awareness.

Retargeting can increase your website conversion rate and result in a high ROI. There is no doubt about this fact because users who saw your ads and clicked on your website already searched for keyword related terms, which means they already had an interest.

Retargeting allows you to group your visitors in different categories and send them personalized ads. A recent study has shown that about 78% of consumers believe that personalized ads from brands help them increase their purchase intent.

Retargeting works more effectively when combined with other marketing strategies such as content marketing, Google Hotels Ads and Facebook Advertising. When retargeting, it is crucial to have good content along with your ads. Otherwise, there is no way to get the attention of your audience and get them to perform your call to action.

The infographics below will further introduce you to retargeting, how customers interact with it and its importance to business growth.

Importance of Retargeting your Hotel


*NEW* Hotel Marketing strategies that will help Hotels redefine the customer experience. Take advantage of new innovative strategies that will improve your Hotels ROI.

We’re available and comfortable to work with your Hotel – even on a Sunday morning in a comfortable set of pyjamas – with a cup of coffee, maybe?

FREE access to our Hotel Social Media Community – Get more insights and training about Facebook Advertising for Hotels!

Our Social Media Management team has refined these processes to help Hotels. Contact us today to learn more.

Join our Free Hotel Social Media Community on Facebook for more in-depth insight.

Try something new it will magnetize your Hotel!

Be flexible and identify new ways to make guests happy.

As guest behavior and pattern continues to evolve, expectations will continue to rise. Navigating these changes can be challenging. Learn more about how we can help your Hotel.

About the author

Hi, I am Are Morch. Your Hotel Marketing Coach and Customer Experience Expert that teaches owners, general managers, director of sales, director of marketing and your team members how to use new digital marketing strategies that make every experience count and drives new business

Get more from Are on Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Pinterest | Instagram| Podcast